Saturday, December 25, 2010

It's a Mad Christmas!

In an effort to keep my holiday as full of Mad Men as possible, I kept my menu very 60's. My family and I decided to have a rib roast that I cooked per Julia Child's instructions for rotisserie chicken wrapped in bacon.

I know what you must be thinking, chicken and beef are completely different! Well friends, no matter whats in the oven, the bacon fat still baste the meat the entire time it's cooking.

I asked my grandmother to borrow her rotisserie oven and thinking she'd give me the one I've seen her use, I thought, piece of cake!

Well as if the woman read my mind, she instead let me borrow her rotisserie oven that she got as a wedding present in 1951! After giving it a little TLC and plugging it in to be sure it worked, I was in business!

I tried to keep my best Julia Child voice up for most of the day, and my family thought it was hilarious. I also got a Mad Men instrumental music cd for Christmas so that was of course playing throughout the day.

The meat came out great and when I took it out and was cutting the strings I kept waiting for Don to say snarkly "it's just us tonight".

No comments:

Post a Comment