Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sorry for the delay

I haven't posted in a while, as you can all see. But with good reason: I was working full time while still holding down part time internships, writing freelance, getting into Grad School, babysitting, and finishing up my final semester as an undergrad!

I know, excuses excuses, but I've finally settled into a rhythm that will allow me to get back into blogging. Just in time too because there’s so much Mad news I'd like to share with you.

Unfortunately season 5 is being delayed until March of 2012. Of course waiting an extra 8ish months than we should have to is awful, but with all the cancellations happening lately I'm at least glad to have a wait.

The show’s creator Mathew Weiner said "Don was not good on his own. That's part of why he proposed to Megan." I don't know about anyone else but I'm hoping this will lead to a Betty/Don reunion. If January Jones pregnancy is worked into the show it could help in either direction. If she is pregnant with Henry's baby will it help her realize what a mistake she made? Or it could bring them together.

But I'm leaning more towards a secret affair between engaged Don and married Betty (talk about irony!) which will lead to Draper baby #4.

But since the season has been postponed so far maybe January's pregnancy won't even be a factor. The actress (who hasn't had any strange cravings as of yet might I add) is due in the fall so maybe we won't get to see as much of her pregnancy as we would have.

What do you think of the potential for drama the late start date and the pregnancy create?

No comments:

Post a Comment